Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assistance please? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymcd

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2016
GB
Can anyone please advise on some fault finding techniques and useful admin commands/functions that will assist me in working with the DX?

Currently my challenges are determine day to day on demand via BAU queue.
Fortunately working within IT department unlike many similar folk in the NHS I can call upon IT resources when required.
I am trying to compose a daily schedule of good housekeeping and the usual tasks that an admin would check and use as tools to resolve issues or create a useful report?
This a large installation with 3,500 users and frustratingly the DX is not amongst my armoury of skills....so anything is readily welcomed[thumbsup]
Already had a number of useful suggestions, but would welcome any other further opinions on this?
Typically I have a need to provide DDI services, which currently have no correlation to extns (no idea why, began many years ago!!).
Need an effective to check how many DDI's, and which are in current use, verify what is unused then re-assign appropriately.
A similar need for available extensions, which I believe has pretty much been maxxed out.
But is using some clever software/programming to allow extra extns outside the norm - make any sense?

Again many thanks for superb support and advice[bigsmile]
Cheers[thumbsup2]

Hello sir

The DDI info thing is a pain in the posterior on the DX - in my experience the best way of finding out what DDI is mapped to what extension is to go to the carrier service provider of the your iSDN/DASS trunks and obtain the DDI range assignments on a per-circuit basis. Once you have this information you can find out what digit DDI translation table the trunk groups are using and work out the allocations that way.

Hopefully if your DX has been programmed nicely you can use the LATX command to list off all of the PCM/Digital links on the system along with the circuit ID's. If this has been kept up to date then you can identify what carrier is supplying your various circuits.

With regard to spare extensions, try the following =

LEX S - list of spare extension numbers
LCH A - list of spare analogue channels - any unused will be listed as 'spare' or will have $ next to them indicating uninstalled and therefore ready to use.

LDTI A - list digital extension channels (D.96 DTi and DTU), info as for LCH above
LICH A - list ASSF/iSDT channels, once again, info as per LCH above.

If you are running D.96 DT60/70's you can split each DTi card circuit with a iSDN line splitter once only and programme 2 phones per physical line card circuit. You can do the same with DTU card channels as well with phone adaptors plugged into the base of your optisets/optipoints.

Hope this all helps, if you need any more assistance let me know.

Paul

Paul,
Thank you for your response to my cry for help.
Truth is that I probably need to spend much more time locked away in a room with an iSDX for company, sadly I neither have the time nor the inclination to do that so fortunately I am able to bow to the incredibly rich resource of knowledge on this forum[thumbsup2]
Having reviewed product timelines I can recall getting close-ish to iSDX when working for a national business who had iNDEX systems in a branch network. Very likely an iSDX was lurking back @ HO, however my focus was directed more towards IT systems and MS server/client/networking so my brief was full[2thumbsup]

Clearly a need for a full refresher if such a thing exists?
Perhaps someone knows of such a thing... if not might be worthy consideration for a budding training entrepreneur out there?

Thanks and keep up the fine forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back