Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assimilating "connect as" different user

Status
Not open for further replies.

inexperienced1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2002
US
I have designed an application that requires access to a remote drive \\server\share, currently users access this by mapping a network connection and looking at the files.

I need to code this connection without mapping a drive. The "connect as" is also required as user connect via different accounts than their normal nt account

Can anyone provide pointer as to where to start?

So you want to add connect as? then look up impersonation it's not that difficult.

I need to code this connection without mapping a drive.

?? if you use \\server\share then that is unmapped. What more do you need.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"In a system where you can define a factor as part of a third factor, you need another layer to check the main layer in case the second layer is not the base unit." - jrbarnett

Thanks although i have this code already and it doesn't always work.

The problem to be more specific (if I Can!)

Some users can connect to the share (\\server\share) by using connect as but no password (the user name is their NT user name)

I have tried to pass through the authentication with and without password but both connections fail. The connection without password fails to authenticate the one with fails on getting data from the share!!

Any idea on what I may have missed in the code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back