Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assigning Pots Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman11

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2005
US
How to assign pots 1 and 2 to a specific extension rather then the first two extension on the rebase? Reason for the question is we have more ports then DID's that we purchased.

add a new "user" outside your range of DID's and then assign one of those new users to the POTs ID in the extension tab, save and reboot

Thank you for the reply, But I need to have the extension inside my DID range for the pots 1 and 2 and have a specific extension off of the DID range. These are for fax machines. Basically what is happening is we have an IPO 406, 2 digital modules 16 port each and an analog module 8 port. The problem is we only have 40 DID's. SO I guess im asking how to move around the extension so I can assign specific extension the we already committed to with the extensions for the fax machines.

I may not be understanding this question, but basically you have users and you have Extension-ID's. As long as you do not duplicate the users number on the Extension-ID's you can move the users to any Extension-ID's you need. Just remember it will take a reboot for this sort of change, merge will not work.
Also remember your incoming call routes, that is where your DID's are routed to your users.

this website may help with the ID's

thanks BWilch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back