Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assigning overtime to resources 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish2000

Programmer
Apr 30, 2005
US
Using Project 2000 (9.0.2001.0219 SR-1)

I work in a Job shop environment.
I have been managing a master schedule using a resource pool file. What I have been doing is making projects & inserting them into the master schedule & then unlinking the projects. Then I assign resources to the tasks in the newly inserted projects. Then I have been manually leveling the resources. This has worked very well up until now.
I now have a need to work some of my resources overtime. I am not sure exactly how to do this. Now, I can change the working calendar for that resource for more hours on the day I need him to work the overtime. The resource is still shown as over allocated. The task calendar is my standard work calendar. I cannot change it on that day or it affects everything else using that calendar. Is there a way to add the overtime to that single task? I hope I am not way of base here.

I am not sure if this will work but here goes. Under the tools menu there should be a change working time. Then you can create a new calendar. Set the times that you need for that one task to be worked over time.
Secondly right click on a column header within your project tasks. Insert a new column and select the Task Calendar. I am not sure how many task you have but you should be able to select 'standard Calendar" for every task except the task that you need to use the overtime schedule. For that task, select the calendar that you just created.
Try this and see if that would solve your problem.

View | Task Usage

Go to the task that you want to work with; find the resource you want to schedule for overtime and update the Work (not the Actual Work) cells as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back