Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assigning a JPG to Picture Control using Search Text Box as file name

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedo8816

Programmer
Oct 25, 2006
GB
I have a program that you enter a part number/serial number into the search text box, press enter and the program displays everything about the part. Now i'd like to add a picture of the part. I had started by using a Picture box on the form and entering the following into my search code:

picbox.Picture = "\\Jupiter\Labeller\Pictures\" & (TxtSearch.Text) & ".JPG"

Basically telling the program to use the network location and load the picture with the name in "TxtSearch.Text" + .jpg extention. But it doesnt work and for all my trying im just not the greatest programmer in the world. I'd really appreciate the help anyone here has to offer.

Many thanks
D

Try...

[tt]
Set picBox.Picture = LoadPicture("\\Jupiter\Labeller\Pictures\" & (TxtSearch.Text) & ".JPG")
[/tt]

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Hi, thanks for your reply, i actually realised this earlier before i left work, silly mistake... Thanks though, hope this helps someone else.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back