Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assigning 7316/7208 Buttons 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

badcode

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
US
I have a group with 2 7316 and 3 7208s . The last three buttons are assigned : Station ID(Intercom#), Station ID (Intercom#), and Handsfree/ Mute. I would like to change the first Station ID to LINK (F71) When I try to change using F*3 and press the button I get a dial tone. Do I have to do this from config if so how?

Thanks

trying the same here. look for my post by soc67 a couple under yours. Someone replied saying that you can not program a feature on an intercom button, you can however use the hands free button. let me know if anyone gives you info on it..good luck,,thanks

Hello,
You have to get into config programming.Feature**266344.
Under Terminals&Sets hit show. Enter the Extension number.
I think you can change the number of Intercom buttons on a phone in Capabilities or under Line Pool access. I'm not 100% sure it is there though.But I recommend that you keep two Intercom buttons on each set. It makes it a lot easier to do a conference call. I can find out which heading it is under tommorrow and post back.
Dmac,

you're absolutely right DMAC its under "Line Access"

Intercom keys are automatically assigned by the system and once assigned they cannot be changed or moved. To reduce the number of IC keys:

Feature * * 266344, 266344
Terminals&Sets - Upper right button that has lit up on your phone
Show set: ___ - Enter the ext number. i.e., 223
223:223 - Upper right
Line Access - Upper right
Line assignment - Lower right
LinePool Access - Lower right
Prime Line - Lower right
Intercom keys: 2 - Press the change button in your display. It will take it up to 3. Continue pressing change until it shows the desired number of IC keys. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Tip - Each intercom button assigned during
programming automatically appears on the telephone.
The buttons start with the lower right-hand button, or
one button above if the Handsfree/Mute feature is
assigned to the telephone.
A telephone needs two intercom buttons to be able to
establish a conference call with two other Norstar
telephones.
Only one intercom button may be required if the button
will only be used to access line pools and to make and
receive internal calls.
To remove Handsfree go into system programing< terminal and sets< capabilities< handsfree<

Good Luck!!

Hi, if you configure 2 intercom buttons + handsfree, you cannot override those functions (intercom & handsfree override even trunk apperances). You can however limit the intercom buttons to 1 or do away with handsfree if you don't need it. You can also move around trunk apperances from button to button except the top 6 buttons (3 to the left, 3 to the right) on the T-7316, those are only for features and station apperances. Remember, Trunk, Intercom, and Handsfree buttons cannot be overrided, unless you erase them from programming, if you erase all intercom buttons, you cannot call from that extension to another, or viceversa (it loses it's DN number). Good luck!

If you want the 7208 user card, I can send you a PDF of it. It won't help you with config programming, though. Like everyone else said, you can't override an intercom button or HF button if you have full hands-free. That must be done in config.

Sorry, but I don't have a card on 7316.

email me if you want it.

Regards Howard Dingman
Pro-Tel Communications
Endicott, NY 13760
mailto:hdingman@holocom.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back