Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASRUNJOB.exe - Dr Watson Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

aling

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
My jobs have started reporting "Crash" in the job status window, and the following error is on the screen:
Dr. Watson for Windows NT
An application error has occured....ASRUNJOB.exe
exception: access violation (oxcoooooo5).....

Am backing up Lotus Notes servers on NT boxes (without agent). The backup server is NT4.0, sp4.

Thanks - any troubleshooting suggestions appreciated.

I resolved the problem of asrunjob.exe Dr. Watson error, status HOLD and the resulted as CRASHED! DO NOT INSTALL Service 4. I had to uninstall/reinstall ARSERVE 2000 and TAPE LIBRARY OPTION and only SP3. I was able to restore the file. Hopes this helps those who have this problem. Now I can sleep at night!

girltech:

Are you still running SP3? I uninstalled SP4 and went to SP3 to get this issue resolved, but I wonder if I should try SP4 again. Others are running it and do not seem to have problems. Just wondering?

Can I check with you for the ARCSERVER 2000 ADVANCED EDITION VERSION 7.0 (BUILD 1018) compatible with WINDOWS 2000 SERVER service pack 4?

I have uninstall the ARCSERVER 2000 , before uninstall it, I stop all the engines, then i restart the machine.

Then i install ARCSERVE 2000 , create backup job without using backup wizard. It is able to backup successfully.

When I tried to restore , i got the error message that I attached before. I am not using the restore wizard to restore.

I am using the restore option to restore the data. I have tried to restore by tree, restore by media, restore by session. I get the same error message.

Please assits because It is very dangerous that i am not able to restore the data when it is needed.

I'm having the same problem with asrunjob.exe errors. I have found that I can restore a small amount of data i.e. 500mb however, when I try to restore 15GB I get the Dr. Watson error. It's not that the destination doesn't have enough hard drive space. What gives?

I had problems with SP4, and removed it to SP3. However, wnen SP5 came out, I installed it and have had no problems in running jobs and/or restoring files.

Thanks ankle for the tip. I'm am running ArcServe 2000 Adv Ed build 1100 (SP4). It's been awhile since I have visited CA's website,do you know if SP5 is downloadable for the product I have installed? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back