Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASR Functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG5

MIS
Nov 18, 2001
US
Hello,

I've been testing the ASR process with a Windows XP client. I was able to backup the machine with no problems, and then recover the ASR and create the diskette. I then followed the procedure by booting with the OS cd, then inserting the diskette. Everything goes fine until the NetWorker ASR Client window pops up during the GUI part of the XP installation. It apparently starts all of the services, and waits for the networker server to come online. I did notice, however, that there is no link light on the NIC for the XP client. My question is whether or not the NIC driver should be loaded by the OS, or the ASR diskette that was created and, if so, why doesn't it? Anyone experience anything like this? I'd love to have this feature work for all of my 2003 servers (and my XP laptop:)

Thanks.

Hope your NW server runs on Windows as well. Otherwise, it will not work in the moment. That's what i have heard.

I'm running Windows across the board.

The OS should load the nic driver then the ASR client will connect to the Netweorker server(As configured in the files on the ASR diskette). Most importantly, the ip address that the server picks up or is assigned must be the same as when it was backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back