Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AspSimpleUpload problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkn

Programmer
Oct 11, 2000
US
Hi

I have a document management system that uses the ASPSimpleUpload component to upload the files to the server. We have recently moved servers and the way the upload performs has changed.

When I was previously uploading a document, if the directory structure it was required to be uploaded to didn't exist, the upload would automatically create it.

Now I can create a single sub directory on the fly, but when I want to create multple level subdirs on the fly I get the an error telling me to check the permissions.

Error:
There was an error writing the uploaded file to the disk. Please check the permissions on the SERVER and make sure the directory (D:\Websites\mySite\html\images\products\logos\) has write permission for the group "Everyone"

####################
example

if I upload a file with say the following path

/test_folder/new_folder/testfile.asp

where only the folder test_folder exists it will create new_folder and save testfile.asp in there.

if I upload a file with the following path

/test_folder/new_folder/new_sub_folder/testfile.asp

I get the above error saying I dont have permissions

#########################

I've checked the permissions on the 'test_folder' and 'new_folder' directories after they are created, and they are Full Control All/All, so I don't see why it won't let me create the 'new_sub_folder'.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

(Again, just to stress this was working on the previous web server unaltered so I don't think its the code. Also both servers are running iis4)

Thanks David

I don't think its permissions - but I do think it has to create one directory and once that is established it has to create the sub directory - I don't know what the settings on the previous Server - but that's what I would check.

Unfortunately the previous server isn't with us anymore, so I can't check the settings.

As an aside, does anyone have (or have a link to) the help pages for aspsimpleupload. The only site I can find where they're available is asphelp.com, and this has been inaccessible for a while now.

Thanks

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back