Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASPNET account 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdhab

MIS
Dec 10, 2006
CA
regarding thread855-961199
there is no performance and maintenance in control panel for winxp sp2 !!
anyway, my question is: how to create the aspnet account on winxp sp2, i have the vs2005, framework 2.0
thank you

Just ignore the performance and maintenance step. e.g. go to:

Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Computer Management

Then, go to:

Local Users and Groups --> Users

The ASPNET account should be listed there. If it isn't you either haven't installed the framework or there may have been a problem with the installation. If it doesn't appear, go to your Command Prompt, navigate to:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

and then type "aspnet_regiis -i".

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

i am pretty sure i installed the framework 2.0
anyway, i did the command, it said starting... then it finished, and still i can not see the aspnet account
i ll restart my computer meanwhile..

i just started web developpement with asp.net
i tried to connect to sql server with the sa account, i did, but when runniog the page it didnt work, it gave me the login failed error page..
anyhow, i googled up and found that some people are using the aspnet account after they define it as login in the sql server, so am trying to do the same
i have winxp sp2, vs2005, and framework 2.0 installed on my pc

There are different types of authentication you can use in your ASP.NET applications and they can be used for different purposes. What environment will your website be in? Is it a local intranet or an internet site?

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

well am starting localy on the network, but i ll upload it later
the purpose is just to learn asp.net

But what will your target audience be? Will you be targeting local users (i.e. so that you can use windows authentication) or will it be a site where you would either have no authentication or be developing your own?

What I'm trying to get at is you have to decide what you want to learn. If you want to use forms authentication, then try following an article such as:

Otherwise, you could use Windows authentication:

i think there is no need for windows authentication..
i ll take a look on the article, it seems a good one, and then i ll get back to u.
thanks for ur support

ok
i read the forms authentication articles, and this is what i need..
well i started with the example in that article
and when it came to testing the example, i got the following error:

Error 29 Namespace of ' on configuration element is invalid, only ' is valid. (C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\FormsAuthSQL\web.config line 10)

any idea? (the url was created by default.. is it a broken link?)

thanks for ur support ca8msm

i fixed it (i just deleted the link..) and now it is working
thanks ca8msm, hope i can now have a good start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back