Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspire, trying to add voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thright

Systems Engineer
Mar 15, 2024
US
We have an Aspire S that we need to add AA to. We use the NEC PBX to replicate systems and situations, so it gets reconfigured a lot for PRI or CO lines; digital phones and slt's.

Most of that is plug-and-play, so my programming knowledge with it is very limited, but I can login and have the software manual.

We ordered a 4-port PCB voicemail off ebay (part# NA-4FMS+-A1), and the system 'sees' it:

system_config_scrn_cjwlxi.png

and I have gone through the programming steps in an "Aspire Mail Quick Setup Guide" I found online, but I can't access a mailbox or ring through to an auto-attendant, so I'm missing something.
manual_coverpg_ddhoyb.png

If anyone can point me in the right direction, any help would be appreciated!

Pretty sure you need a license.
License Expansion and Feature Activation
0891020 10 Seat Desktop Messaging/Call Control License Expansion for Aspire Mail DMS
(25 seats provided standard, 205 total)
0891059 AMIS Networking for UltraMail, UltraMail 2000, Aspire Mail, Aspire Mail FMS+,
and Aspire Mail Plus (Feature standard in Aspire Mail DMS)

Isn't that an Aspire M? The FMS VM for that I believe requires using a serial cable and possibly null modem to program it. These aren't plug and pray. The card has to have licensing and I THINK that is actually on the board itself if memory serves. Does it even answer?

Thanks for the replies! I was afraid it might be licensing...

CoralTech, you are correct, this is an "M" not an "S", my mistake. No, the ports don't answer, whether I'm trying to log in to voicemail or get the auto-attendant. There are instructions in the guide I have for connecting a laptop to the card, via ethernet or serial, but I assumed/hoped that was optional instead of required, I will try to access that way.

I want to say you have to boot the card and when it's booting on a terminal program you have to catch continue in terminal mode. Been a few minutes since working on one. Even though I have one by my desk..LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back