Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect to Avaya Migration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchandr3

Programmer
Jun 16, 2003
US
We plan to move from Aspect ACD, a 10 year old system to Avaya. If you / your link can compare and contrast them and help in migration, I would be extremely grateful!

Cheers,

Ravi

Avaya has a formal migration document for this purpose. You just have to learn the Avaya way of saying and doing things rather than Aspect. For example, CCT in Avaya world in VDN.

Thanks a lot, Arznchrd. I was actually looking for the same: Mapping Aspect to Avaya Messages and the order of the segments... As long as I get the Migration Document, I shall be very happy.

Cheers,

Ravi

When you say your system is 10 years old, what version are you running with?
If you are using your Aspect for ACD routing then I would suggest (personal view) that you will get better functionality and reporting than you will from the Avaya.
If however you are looking to combine ACD & PBX on one system then the Avaya is the way forward.
I would suggest that if you are looking for a new solution that a true VOIP solution is more likely to provide you with a system that is future proofed.
I'm sure some will disagree but these are my thoughts!!

Avaya should provide this for you and/or provide a resource for this. Everything is done differently in the Avaya world. To list here would be hours. A buddy of mine works for them and he is an expert on the Aspect platform. I am sure he is not the only one.

Ravi,
This is something that we can definately help with. I understand that "selling" is not allowed in this forum. But it does sound like you are looking for some one to help you. If that is not the case please disregard my post. If this is the case please contact me.
In short, we've done many Aspect to Avaya migrations. I am more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back