Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP vs ColdFusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinl

Programmer
Mar 19, 2001
US
Ok, I've read some older posts about this subject (the posts are well over a year old) and I want to see what every one thinks the better choice is.

Currently I run a webserver which gets close to a million hits a day (or around 10,000 + unique visitors a day).

WE use ASP pages for alot of our dynamic content and I have been reading and also hearing that Cold Fusion is faster, but then as I read along they seem to be about 50/50 in the running for the 'better' product.

I'm trying to figure out which one to use...

Suggesstions? Comments? Thanx !

-shorty

Personally, it's all in the coder...if you dont know junk about coldfusion then of course your probably going to make unefficient code...personally, I think when ASP first came out, no one really knew how to write efficient code...if they did a comparison on it today, you might just get the reverse response...plus, I do believe ASP has a lot of built in server side features coldfusion doesn't have. Regards,
Anth:cool:ny
----------------------------------------
"You say [red]insanity[/red] like it's a BAD THING!"

Kinl,

As WhiteTiger stated,

ASP

Do you wish for a massive headache til you "master" CF?

pending on the total content static vs dynamic as well.....

If you wish then use your content on a workstation and work the CF platform and run it internal with the next workstation on the ASP platform....
yes it is a lil hokie and time consuming...but you might like it or not.
I had a friend have alot of headaches with CF(went back to JSP).

Aaron Fear is the mind killer!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back