Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP variables in html frames 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

I have an ASP that uses an inline frame to display a table of contents. The table data is dynamic and resides in ASP variables.

Can u tell me how pipe data into the table in the html frame from ASP variables ?

Appreciate your time.

Cheers,

can you be more precise pls.. post some code. if you want to send server side variables to the client you simply type <%=ServerVariableName%>

rgrds Silvers5
As seen on EE

Hi,
Sorry about the missing info.

I want to creat an inline frame that will house dynamic content.
But I can not use a static html for the src= attribute of IFRAME like..

<IFRAME src=x.html name=&quot;table_frame&quot; width=&quot;350&quot; height=&quot;50&quot; frameborder=&quot;10&quot; scrolling =&quot;no&quot;>
</IFRAME>

My asp page for constructing the table looks like this
The output html of the following code needs to appear inside the inline frame. Can I use something like Document.frames.table_frame.write.. ? Am quite new to html.

<TABLE width=100% BORDER=0>
<%
Set ContentSet = hContentMap.entrySet();
Iterator iter = ContentSet.iterator();
while (iter.hasNext()){
Map.Entry entry = (Map.Entry)iter.next();
%>

<TR>
<TD bgcolor=&quot;#FFAFDF&quot;>
<A HREF=<%entry.getKey()%></A>
</TD>
</TR>

<%
} //end while
%>
</TABLE>

Thanx for your time,
Nisha

Hi,

My question still remains as how do I pipe all this dynamic html into the inline frame using something like Document.frames.table_frame.write.. ? .

Thanx
Nisha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back