Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Table need to add records - Newbie to ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthibodeau

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US
Please help - Very Confused _ Newbie to ASP

I have a Access DB and i have designed a ASP page with all the bounded Input Text boxes.

The problem is when i run the ASP it shows the last record. I have built an add button and i bel successfully set it up, but when i click it, it does nothing!

Bascialy i want the page to come up with empty fields and and upon completeing the fields and hitting the button that record gets stored in the DB?

You can see the it in action at:

Please help...

Be carefull you didnt place any value in the input or textarea fields.
You get the data from your recordset that you use in the page.
Dont display that data and will be ok.

________
George, M

I have not add any values i the input box, they are just bounded to the record set, the problem is that i need the fields to come up blank instead of showing the last record. Secondly upon entering the information into the fields how do i get that new record posted to the DB?

I have added a button that is suppose to add the new record but it does nothing. I am assuming the button will work fine once the other problem is resolved.

Any suggestions?

Scott

I use GL6, so basicaly they are bound by the table name and field name. Here is a sample code:

</tr>
<tr height=&quot;32&quot;>
<td cslocked content csheight=&quot;32&quot; width=&quot;48&quot; height=&quot;32&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot; xpos=&quot;0&quot;><label><font face=&quot;Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular&quot;>Date:</font> </label></td>
<td width=&quot;288&quot; height=&quot;32&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot; align=&quot;left&quot; xpos=&quot;80&quot;><input type=&quot;text&quot; name='DateOfVisit[<%=PpsCalender.AbsolutePosition%>]' value='<%=fixHTMLquotes(PpsCalender.Value(&quot;DateOfVisit&quot;))%>' size=&quot;24&quot; tabindex=&quot;1&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;></td>
<td width=&quot;1&quot; height=&quot;32&quot;><spacer type=&quot;block&quot; width=&quot;1&quot; height=&quot;32&quot;></td>
</tr>

Well i dont knw what you using but you should add a new record before displaying data therefor you would bound the data to an empty record. wich would be as you want.

________
George, M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back