Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP stops working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderida

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2001
GB
Hello

Set the scene .....

NT 4 SP 5. IIS 4

Intranet site using MS Access backend through ODBC

Problem...

Work fine on IIS 3

But on IIS 4 after a period of time server stops handling ASP calls that involves DB access. I've checked for memory leaks and all appears fine. Copes fine with non-db scripting etc... even site logging set up the Management console to a DB stops!!!

There are no messages in logs or event viewer.

Any suggestions before £10,000 worth of server gets a size 10 boot very much appreciated.

Cheers

Andy Rider

You need to update your Microsoft jet database engine to 3.5 with service pack 3, and you need to update your mdac to version 2.5 - you can download both from microsoft.com
- later versions only work with win 2000 and iis5, so be sure to get these exact ones.
The same thing happened to my server after upgrading to I.E. 5.5 - you wouldn't figure that upgrading the browser would effect script execution - but it is microsoft....
I also uninstalled I.E. 5.5 and reinstalled 5.1. After doing this, you may have to recreate the application on your default website in mmc. (on the home directory tab)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back