Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP request Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lug

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have an issue with ASP requests not being processed, just building up in the queue until the max limit is reached. Then IIS just stops responding, but the services are not stopped. I then get lots of 500 - Server Too Busy errors. If i do an iisreset, performance monitor shows that the queued requests shoots up to max straight away again, then I am in a loop!

My question is: What causes requests to be queued like this and not processed? I have read rumours that it could be a faulty DLL (if so how do i find which one) or that the application just needs rewriting.

Does anyone have any light to shed, or had the same problem?

Please help, thanks!

Even a simple asp like <%Response.Write &quot;Testing...&quot;%> doesnt work?

________
George, M

nope, everything is getting queued!

I never had this before.
Did you tryed to reinstall IIS service?
Almost forgot... try to check for the Nimda Virus. That virus could crush IIS. there are some Free AntiNimda software.

Try to look for an file &quot;httpodbc&quot; not shure if it's an dll or application but it should be somewere on the root drive and not in System32 if you have virus problem.

________
George, M

it does not look like i have a virus, it would be unlikely as it is behind 2 sets of firewalls. but the file you mentioned it in its normal place so i should be ok. havent re-installed IIS but have restarted all the iis services lots of times, but no luck.

why would a request be queued in the first place?

Well try another way then.

Run->cmd.exe and in command prompt use

telnet localhost 80

and if it's conected press get and hit enter.
If this work then it's a browser setting problem. Maybe your firewall does something.

________
George, M

I have discovered in the IIS logs that it is a whole lot of ASP 0147 500_Server_Errors that is causing all the requests to queue!

What do they mean though??

IIS Problem then.
Http Error 500 - &quot;Internal Server Error&quot;

________
George, M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back