Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroberts82

Programmer
Oct 11, 2005
US
Hi I have an Asp repeater on my form filled from a website. Basically each member is a href. What I want to do is depending which is selected I wish to set a session variable say x, to be some value, dependant on the selection. Any ideas? Thank you in advance
Stephen

Try using a LinkButton rather than an anchor tag as it has a Click event where you can set your variable.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Thanks, how can i pass my variable through to this event?

You could add it to the CommandArgument property of the Button.

Hi, thanks for your response. I tried that, but the following is happening. I have onClick =eventHandler and in this method, I set the session["variable"] = whatever;

This session is not available on the next page though. I tried to specify the postbackurl parameter and it didnt even call the onclick method. I then left this out and tried a response redirect in the onclick method. It redirected but the session was not set. Any ideas?
Stephen

Post your Click event of the LinkButton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back