Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP: PERFORMANCE ISSUES WITH IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariK

MIS
Aug 18, 2001
ZA
Good morning,

I do not know if this is the correct forum.

I am relatively new to ASP programming and are having problems with the performance of one form my website on some PC's.

All the PC's have window XP installed with IE 6.0.
I use textboxes etc to view, edit, delete and enter data into a sql database.

On most of the PC's the webiste runs and loads fast but on 2 or 3 PC's the page won't open at all or are extremely slow.

I checked all the IE settings and they are the same on all the PC's. (Those that work properly as well as the ones that won't work.)

Any ideas as to where I can look for the problem?

Help would be much appreciated.

Mari

Are you sure that IE is an issue? Do these PCs have no problems using Firefox?

Checking IE setting isn't close to enough. Are these PC's cleaned periodically of spy ware? Is the temp directories loaded with temp files?

If your scripts are running fine on the vast population on your network and there are only a few bad apples then there is something else on those few PC's causing the problem. It could be a simply thing as a media player installed between those people or some poker game they all let each other know about that got through the preventive tools your admins use to revoke those privileges. The list goes on and on what windows could have different inadvertently causing your applications to run slow.

If you do not have a network administrator that can trouble shoot the task I would start with a view of the things mentioned and go from there. In some cases I've had the same situation and have had to go as far as a ghost image of the bad PC and load it into a test environment to trouble shoot eh problem in order to find a solution.

General FAQ faq333-2924
5 steps to asking a question faq333-3811

Thanks for the help so far.

The programs work on Firefox but are still slow on some computers.

I will check the PC's for spyware ect.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back