Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAK

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2000
US
I created forms in VB and would like to use ASP pages. Can I use the forms in ASP that I created or do I have to recreate in ASP?

This is a complicated subject, but the short answer is no, there is no simple way to do this.

Your options:

1. Use Visual Interdev to recreate the user interface and port all the code to server-side and client-side script. VERY NON TRIVIAL.

2. Create a Web project in Visual Basic. When you choose new project, select IIS Application as the type. Then create the user interface using the WebClass designer. This is probably still a long process. I haven't worked with web projects in VB, but I know the debugging is much easier than in Visual Interdev. Once you compile you have ASP pages and a DLL as your compiled code.

You'll need to read up on both of these to see which one will work better for you. I think one of the main goals for VB.NET will be to make this sort of transition easier, but until we see it, I guess we won't know how much easier it will be.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back