Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP pages won't run if global.asa present

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNorton

MIS
Jul 11, 2001
US
I am setting up IIS 5 and asp pages won't run if a global.asa file is present in the directory. They just sit there, no errors. An example is
Any ideas? Have reloaded IIS and don't want to do it again. I have several virtual sites and I do not want to reload each one.

Thanks. The error is in the global.asa file. It threw me off because it was working on one server but is not on another that is very similar. The problem occurs in these lines:

Sub Session_OnStart
FrontPage_StartSession '==FrontPage Generated==
SCPRO_StartSession '==SalesCart Pro Generated==
End Sub

Don't know why it is not working on this server.

I have a similar problem but my asp pages won't work no matter what is in the global.asa file. How did you solve the problem?

What are your application settings for the websites?

In IIS go the properties of the site, click on the home directory tab, review your application settings...

I have tried everything as far as application settings go. In the simplest case, I just set the root (Default Web Site) as an application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back