Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP pages on website won't come up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shemt

Programmer
Dec 17, 2000
US
We have an intranet website on an NT box w/ IIS4. The HTML homepage and all other HTML pages come up fine but the ASP pages just sit and churn, no error messages (i.e.404) or time out.

When I "preview" the website in FrontPage everything works fine.

Please help me out!

Shem

Might want to try this post in the ASP forum -- and post the code you're using. Try something extremely simple, like a file that just prints "hello" or something.

I could be wrong, but is there some setting in IIS on the folder to allow scripts to run?

Sounds like a non terminating loop. I agree you need to post the code, or got through it again - potential problem areas are any objects that you are instantiating and any loops (for, do, etc).

Thanks everybody for the helpful info. It turned out that I needed to re-install IIS. Now, except for a couple of "Permission" issues, it works.

Shem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back