Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp Pages Not Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcs6767

Technical User
May 21, 2002
US
Whenever I click a link with an asp extension the page comes up blank but says done. If I enter the link manually the same page will come up. Is there any way to fix this?

ASP pages are "active server pages". If I'm not mistaken, they timeout after the session is lost. Their URL address constantly changes (hence "active" server). That might be why it comes up blank.

Were you sent this link by someone else? Is it a link on a website?

If you are the one initiating the "active" session with the webserver, then your browser shouldn't have a problem displaying the page since the URL address is current. However, if you're trying to get to an ASP page that was active say yesterday, then you'll be out of luck...

~cdogg

The following solution was posted in another forum... It worked for me

Run each of the following from start/run:

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll

Are you using IE6. I have just installed it and had exactly the same problem. To fix I went to
internet options / privacy and changed the settings from custom to medium. The pages then sprang back to life.

Tony Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back