Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Pages lock up on IIS 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCD

MIS
Feb 19, 2001
US
I'm running IIS 5.0 hosting about a dozen low trafic websites. Half of those use ASP. On occasion ASP pages will fail to load, but HTML pages will still load fine. Trying to stop the doesn't work. And I can't seem to find anything in Event Viewer pointing to whats causing this. I suspect that there might be some bad code in one of the ASP pages causing this, and I'm hoping that someone has some suggestions on how to narrow it down to find out what page it is, or what else might be causing this. PLUS if anyone knows another way to restart IIS/ without restarting the server (when the to stop through services Mgr) I'd be truly greatful.
Thank you

Andrew

I should also mention the same server is running SQL 2000, and some of the ASP pages do interact with it. But when the server stops displaying ASP, all pages will not load, even ones w/ just a hello world in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back