Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP Page Using FrontPage 02 With Access DB Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildeWebPublishing

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
US
I am building a web based search tool using FrontPage 2002 and access 97 that posts the results of an access query. The search page woks really well but,... When it comes to formatting the results in the ASP post I am having a hard time with Dates and Times.

I want to format the dates not in access but in the scripting of the ASP page.
Like this---- mm/dd/yy & the time as hh:mm Wihout AM or PM
(the database updates itself from a batch file every fifteen minutes ) So once the site is built I have zero maintenance on it. Once the access db is built I don't want to format it anymore. Any Ideas. Thanks in advance.

Try FormatDateTime(DateValue, vbShortDate). (for VBScript, anyway)

For more information, try looking on MSDN.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

I should have put this on the orginal post.

Here is the script line that give the results of the date. That I want to format.

<!--webbot bot=&quot;DatabaseResultColumn&quot; s-columnnames=&quot;PLNUM,Desc,Surg,Svc,Abbrev,Proc,Last,Times,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6,T7,T8,T9,T10,TAvg&quot; s-column=&quot;Last&quot; b-tableformat=&quot;TRUE&quot; b-hashtml=&quot;FALSE&quot; b-makelink=&quot;FALSE&quot; clientside b-MenuFormat preview=&quot;&lt;font size=&quot;-1&quot;&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;lt;&lt;/font&gt;Last&lt;font size=&quot;-1&quot;&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/font&gt;&quot; startspan b-MenuFormat --><%=FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,&quot;Last&quot;)%><!--webbot bot=&quot;DatabaseResultColumn&quot; endspan i-checksum=&quot;3808&quot; -->

I will freely admit that I am not a FrontPage user (precisely because it throws so much extra *junk* code that is either useless or inhibits what I want). I am looking at the FP generated code and cannot make heads nor tails of what this is supposed to be. My best guess is that the actual value returned from the database is the FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,&quot;Last&quot;), but not certain. If that is the case, I would think you could possibly change it to do as I suggested the first time:
Code:
FormatDateTime(FP_FieldVal(fp_rs,&quot;Last&quot;),vbShortDate)

but that is only a WAG on my part. Perhaps someone else can make sense of what FrontPage is doing or you may post this on the FrontPage forum and see if they can provide better assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Thanks for the info... I agree &quot;it throws so much extra *junk* code that is either useless or inhibits what I want...&quot; I will try FP forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back