Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP page automatic export type for PDF? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snazzyCrunch

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
US
Does anyone know what the ExportType is for the PDF format?

I have an ASP setup which allows the user to pick which format they want the report automatically exported to.

I found these on the Crystal Decisions Knowledge Base:

Char Separated Values, 7
Comma Separated Values, 5
Crystal Report, 1
Data Interchange, 2
Excel 2.1, 18
Excel 3.0, 19
Excel 4.0, 20
Excel 5.0, 21
Excel 5.0 Tabular, 22
Excel 7.0, 27
Excel 7.0 Tabular, 28
Excel 8.0, 29
Excel 8.0 Tabular, 30
Explorer32 Extend, 25
HTML32 Standard, 24
Lotus123 WK1, 12
Lotus123 WK3, 13
Lotus123 WKS, 11
NetScape 2.0, 26
NoFormat, 0
ODBC, 23
Paginated Text, 10
Record Style, 3
Rich Text, 4
Tab Separated Text, 9
Tab Separated Values, 6
Text, 8
Word For Windows, 14

No PDF though!!

Please help. Thanks!!

Hi,

I don't know what type number of pdf file is. What I know is with Crystal Report 8.5, you can't export to pdf file. But if you work with Crystal Enterprise 8.5, you can export pdf file without any problems. I didn't do too much testing in that, so maybe there are some ways to work around. Hope you can find it.

Cheers!

Ted

Ted,

There must be a problem with your CR8.5 install because I export from CR8.5 to PDF a few times every week and it works exceptionally well.

Maybe you need to install the PDF export filters.
Regards,
Steve Remington
Wave Business Solutions
steve.remington@wavebusiness.com.au

I too report to pdf from both Crystal 8.5 and CE 8.0 with few problems. If you are using a viewer, which viewer? Not all the viewers support export to pdf. The two I know that do are the Java viewer and the active x viewer.

Lisa

That's why I'm not very sure about pdf export in CR8.5. I think should be something wrong with my installation. We didn't do lots of tests because we moved to CE8.5 very soon.

Cheers!

Ted

The funny thing is I can export using the ActiveX Viewer OR Java Viewer.

However, I am setting up an ASP page which allows the user to select the export format and then it is automatically exported for them.

Thanks.

To snazzyCrunch,

The value of ExportType for PDF is 31. I found that from their ASP sample code.

-Oliver

Thanks, Oliver.

Although I posted this awhile and had to use a dirty workaround this will be very helpful in the future.

You say you found this from "their ASP sample code". Do you mind looking thru the original posting and seeing if any other export types are not listed. It is always nice to have as many options as possible!

Thanks for your help!!
snazzyCrunch
bobbyf24@yahoo.com

I have tried to use the simplereportexport.asp file, as included in the example from Crystal. It doesn't work, and just errors out, to the point where now I'm getting that annoying "5 concurrent users limit" error. I hate Crystal Reports.

Can anyone tell me, do I need to install any software on the web server, other than crystal enterprise before I can export a file? Does it need to have Word, or Adobe installed to export to a ".doc" type, or ".pdf"?

I hate Crystal reports.

What's was the error before the '5 Concurrent Limit' error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back