Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.NET web page hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkyn

MIS
Jan 30, 2002
US
Help Wanted. I am in the process of making a web page using ASP.NET. The page should contain a database of users' data. This is my first attempt, I haven't done such a job before. I have no idea where I can host my page, and what RDBMS I have to use. Does the host company provide RDBMS? I appreciate all help. Any gurus out there?
Thanks,

I have my personal showcase web site and maintain the database parts of three client web sites on Hostway.com. They offer SQL Server, but I use Access. I recommend them.

I use setupsite.com, they also use SQL Server or Access. Very good service, very cheap. I have about 30 clients that I have moved over to there system now.

Anybody have any feedback (good or bad) about Brinkster's service?

D

Brinkster's I believe doesn't support the codebehind... which I prefer to use but if you don't then I haven't heard anything negative about them....

Great, very affordable plans for beginners. A lot of things installed. Flexible.
Had some minor issues with web-based email and XML parser.
Have 7 accounts with them and many registered domains - $6.99 per domain/year.

Doing an exhaustive search on google I found the following two sites which claim to offer Free or almost free ASP.NET web hosting,

(yearly fee of 35 bucks)

I signed up for the dotnetplayground one, and uploaded a asp page with VB.NET codebehind to test it out and it worked OK. Not bad for free. I have no affiliation with either site incase anyone's interested.

I personally wouldnt use either site for production hosting, but good for testing out your code on an offsite location instead of just using localhost.

S.

(The more ASP.NET I do, the more Javascript I find myself using)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back