Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.NET web matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adhyapika

Instructor
Sep 20, 2002
US
Hello

I wish to start learning ASP.NET
Someone please suggest a good book to start with examples.
What is a Web Matrix?
I saw a book "beginning Dynamic websites with ASP.NET web matrix".
Is it the right book to start?

Thanks

In my honest oppinion VS.NET 2003 is the best way to start as a beginner. Very good books are ASP.NET Bible (Hungry Minds - ISBN: 0764548166) and Professional ASP.NET 1.0 Special Edition (Wrox - ISBN 1861007035).

[morning]

Thanks for the message about the books suggested to buy.
Please let me know what is Web Matrix? what is the relation ship with the ASP.NET?

Web Matrix is a VS.NET lookalike IDE for ASP.NET applications that was produced as a freebie by some MS employees. Go to for more details and a downloadable copy of the program. It's less than 2Mb to download.

It isn't anywhere near as powerful as VS.NET but it it's a lot cheaper :) and the tutorials on the web site will get you up and running pretty quickly. The code it produces is just as good as that produced by VS.NET because underneath it runs the same compilers (you'll need the .NET SDK by the way)

I found a great, Inexpensive resource for .Net Programming, it covers ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, ADO.net and WebMatrix, and several other new technologies, including web Portals.

Please use this link to subscribe, it is packed with over 50 hours of video to download and keep. I found it very usefull and I think others will too.

George Oakes
Goakes@TiresPlus.com = Programmer
George@1-Specialday.com = Mobile DJ

Glowworm27

The web site is a wonderful site to learn and found it is very usefull. I will subscribe and learn the applications. I thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back