Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.NET Web Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMCSD

MIS
Jul 12, 2002
US
I have my E-Commerce store almost built and I am looking for a web hosting company. Need support for ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Does anybody have experience with any of these web hosters?
Or could recommend one?
I have been checking out the following sites:

Speed and reliability are the are main features I'm looking for.
I have over 5000 products in the database. I also have 5000 images and 5000 thumbnails for those images stored in the project folders.

M6 looks interesting so far.

I just signed up for a site at It seems pretty easy to work with so far.

I'm sure you know this already, but be aware of the skimpy databases some hosters give you. Some only start you with 25 MB worth of storage or something and buying more space can quickly get expensive.

I was just looking at DiscountASP. They looks good.

This company has very low prices and seems to
have everything I would need:

They don't tell you have much storage they give
you for the database though, for each of the 3 plans.

I've been using DiscountASP for almost a year now and I haven't had anything to complain about yet.

Hi,
I found one advertised in eWeek magazine that charges $19.99 a month, and includes ASP.NET. The $19.99 includes 5 domains, plus2 GB of web space, and 30GB bandwidth. I haven't yet tried them, but their site is 1and1.com.
HTH, Randy Smith

Alentus totally rocks. If you plan to make more than $50 a month from revenue from the site (or if you expect high traffic) I'd say it's worth the extra couple bucks.

Also, I have heard good things about WebHost4Life but do notice slower response times from their sites.

Greetings,
Dragonwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back