Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp.net TO oracle timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

level1

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
GB
does anybody know how to set the timeout command when connection from ASP.NET to otacle? using

Dim oracleConn As OracleConnection = New OracleConnection
oracleConn.ConnectionString = "user id=xxx;data source=xxx;password=xxx;"

i tired connect timeout=9999 and connection timeout=9999 but both dont work...:(

Thanks cappmgr, although the article u are giving me suggest using: Imports Oracle.DataAccess.Client while i am using: System.Data.OracleClient. And thus the property Connection Timeout=60; is not supported, im getting: Keyword not supported: 'connection timeout'.

So i assume i have to download the ODP.NET which looks more poewrfull. Am i right?

Note Unlike the Connection object in the other .NET Framework data providers (SQL Server, OLE DB, and ODBC), OracleConnection does not support a ConnectionTimeout property. Setting a connection timeout using a property or in the connection string has no effect and value returned is always zero. OracleConnection also does not support a Database property or a ChangeDatabase method.

Thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back