Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP .NET Excel Exporting Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrymeeow

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
ZA
Hi there,

I have an interesting problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have an ASP .NET project that basically server reports to people in an intranet environment. After viewing a report, the user can export the report to either Excel or Pdf. I have come across and error when a user has Office 2000 Pro installed. They view a report, export it to an Excel format and save it. When they open it they get the following error message.

Error said:
'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\bin\crexcel_en.xla' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.

If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted.

But after they click the "ok" button the file opens with what looks like the correct data. They is no error message with a machine running Office XP.

Can Anyone help?

[red]G[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]r[/blue][green]r[/green][yellow].[/yellow][white]..[/white][yellow]m[/yellow][green]e[/green][blue]e[/blue][purple]o[/purple][red]w[/red] [cat2]

Ok so maybe this isn't the best group to post this question in. The more I reseach the more I think that this isn't a problem with Crystal Reports or ASP .NET. It may even just be a corrupted installation of Excel on this one machine. But has anyone had or heard of this particular error message? I really need to find a solution to this problem.

[red]G[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]r[/blue][green]r[/green][yellow].[/yellow][white]..[/white][yellow]m[/yellow][green]e[/green][blue]e[/blue][purple]o[/purple][red]w[/red] [cat2]

Crystal installs an Add-In reference to Excel and the actual Add-In file may or may not have been installed. In Excel select tools | Add-Ins from the menu. There you can remove the reference to the crystal add-in and it won't show taht error again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back