Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP.NET CHANGE DATABASE LOGON INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahdu

Programmer
Jun 5, 2008
GB
Hi,

We have about 200 reports on Crystal Enterprise 9. The main database server has been moved and the database logon information for each report needs to be changed. The database system is a SQL Server 2000.

Rather than do each one individually I want to write a little app to do this however am having trouble getting started with MS Visual Studio and logging onto the APS from the app.

Any examples (asp/vb.net please) or easier ways to do this? Better still anyone have the code to do this...? :)

Regards
shahdu

Have you tried doing something like this:
Code:
Dim mySessionMgr As New SessionMgr()
Dim myEnterpriseSession As EnterpriseSession
Dim myInfoStore As InfoStore
Dim myEnterpriseService As EnterpriseService

myEnterpriseSession = mySessionMgr.Logon("Administrator", "", "MYBOXISERVER", "secEnterprise")
myEnterpriseService = myEnterpriseSession.GetService("InfoStore")
myInfoStore = New InfoStore(myEnterpriseService)

Session("InfoStore") = myInfoStore
Session("EnterpriseSession") = myEnterpriseSession

The above is a snippet from VB.NET but should guide you in the right direction.

Alternatively, you could use a third party tool like .rpt Inspector Enterprise Suite which is a windows based tool that allows you to change data source and databases of multiple reports in enterprise and lots more.

--
Software Forces

.rpt Inspector - Document, Analyze, Modify, Standardize, Change Data source and/or Database -- on Multiple Crystal Reports objects (i.e. formulas, parameters, database, text, etc.) and properties (definitions, default values, driver / locations / fields, fonts / colors, etc.) and enterprise meta data (i.e. schedules, formats, destinations, instances, etc.) at the same time.

Add-ons, Tools, Utilities for Business Objects / Crystal Enterprise, and Crystal Reports: .rpt Inspector, SPL (Smart Pick Lists), SmartObjects, SmartObjects Admin Desktop

Thanks but do you know which references I need to add to my project as these types are not coming up.....

Thanks for previous help etc... I got started but now when I am querying the infostore, it is only returning 1000 report objects. I know there are nearly 2000. Is this something I need to set in VB.NET or in CE?

Okay, I used a select top n query to get round this. It seems like it is a registry setting in ce.

Yes that's correct. The query by default would return 1000 and your approach is correct.

--
Software Forces

.rpt Inspector - Document, Analyze, Modify, Standardize, Change Data source and/or Database -- on Multiple Crystal Reports objects (i.e. formulas, parameters, database, text, etc.) and properties (definitions, default values, driver / locations / fields, fonts / colors, etc.) and enterprise meta data (i.e. schedules, formats, destinations, instances, etc.) at the same time.

Add-ons, Tools, Utilities for Business Objects / Crystal Enterprise, and Crystal Reports: .rpt Inspector, SPL (Smart Pick Lists), SmartObjects, SmartObjects Admin Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back