Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP include does not update when source file changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2001
GB
Hello,

I have got an ASP file which includes a nav-banner using

<!--#include file=&quot;header.htm&quot;-->

However when I alter the contents of the ASP document or the header.htm this does not get reflected in the file sent from the server. I assume it is caching the ASP include on the server somewhere, but I don't know where. I am running IIS 5.0 on W2K.

I have also tried using .shtml - same problem.

Jake

Just to let you know. I think the problem has something to do with the fact that the html files are actually on a Novell server. If I copy them to the webserver locally and run it from there, I don't get a problem.

You may want to try restarting the server once. This server cache thing drove me crazy few days ago, and it cleared up when I restarted. Thank you...
RR

The reason was because I was running it from a directory on a Novell server. Once I moved it to the IIS machine it was OK. I tried purging the volume on the Novell server but it made no difference. Anyway, it's OK now.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back