Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp in informix

Status
Not open for further replies.

parames

MIS
Jun 26, 2000
MY
I have two servers. In server A (unix platform), my informix database is installed.
Can i connect to this informix database from another server B (NT platform) using ASP??

Please help
thanks..

rgds,
parames.s

Yes you can as long as the following exists. If you have the correct middleware that allows the network communication to Informix you can. If there is something similar to SQL*Net for Informix then you can just use the Informix ODBC driver if there is one and you need the network communication software on the IIS Server. It is exactly the same way as connectoing to Oracle. You need tohe Oracle ODBC driver, and then SQL*Net on the IIS Server to communicate to the Oracle database which might be on DG-UX, Solaris, Linux, NT, or even Netware.

james :) James Culshaw
jculshaw@active-data-solutions.co.uk

whoops.... I was proven wrong :( I thought you could only do that with SQL database and PHP/MySQL databases... and in PHP I know you can call another page. I didnt know that though.

'Learn something new every day!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back