Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp frames and Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltym

Programmer
Jul 8, 2013
Help please???? I have been advised by some of my users that our web site does not work with the latest version of Firefox.

I have three frames, heading frame, menu frame and body frame. The issue is when I try and execute a javascript function that is within the menu frame from the body frame using top.framename.functionname. It does nothing at all.

This was working fine up until a couple of weeeks ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

saltsm

If it's a client-side javascript code problem, the better forum would be: forum216

Thanks guitarzan, I have posted in forum216 but I do think it is an asp issue (the line top.framename.functionname is not being executed). ASP does not know what to do with the line top....

ASP scripting is over and done with once the content has been delivered to the useragent, it plays ABSOLUTELY no part in what happens after that.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Hi guys, many thanks for all your help. As it turns out, the offending line was top.sidebar.ressettime. "sidebar" is the name of the frame and firefox has just added sidebar as a reserved word (difficult one to find).

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back