Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP File Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patbeau

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
CA
Hi,
I was a ColdFusion programmer for year (just migrated to ASP). And im trying to migrate an application from CF to ASP.

I just want to know how to make a file upload. In CF we were using "CFFILE ACTION="UPLOAD" DESTINATION="...". I tried AspUpload, but since my client provider dont have it and they dont want to install it on their server, I have to find a way to make it without any application. Anyone know a way to make it? The files can be up to 50MB (MPGs).

Thank you, and sorry for my english

- Patrice Beauvais

Yeah but with ASPUpload, I will need to install an application. But, I cant do this on the server. I tried CLSUPload and it doesnt work with larger file (my cpu also go up to 100%).

Try
They have a pure ASP upload scripts that files to XML to upload. It may well be the same as described by the other posters and certainly isn't much good for large files as the web server stores the file in memory during the upload. The only thing required to be installed is support for XML.

Anyway, there is a new link on that site for a "power" asp upload script that might be of use though I haven't used that one myself.

Thank you :)
Sorry for adding another post about the same topic... yesterday I made a search on "File Upload" and I had an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back