Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp crashes server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnstapes

Programmer
Jul 17, 2001
US
My asp pages crash the server that they are on when run. At first I thought the problem was with my code, then I moved the pages to another server and they worked fine. Has anyone experienced things like this before? How do I fix the problem?

I know that at my old provider, someone wasn't explicitly closing their ADO objects and setting them to nothing... this caused IIS to hang and eat up all the ASP threads, resulting in an eventual restart.

Could this be the problem?

just trying to help
leo

why would that only make the page crash on one server? it runs fine on the other server.

hi,

are all of the asp pages that you have crashing, or is it just some pages?

I have experienced a problem with asp pages that have got the Scripting.FileSystemObject code in them. this is since the nimda virus (yes we got infected) something has been knocked out by the virus. could this be your problem ?

Actually, just some of the pages are crashing. I have a front asp page that has a recordset that lists a bunch of products as links. This page loads fine, but when you click one of the links (they always point to a second page) these links are where the crash is occuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back