Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asp application pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefargrafx

Instructor
May 24, 2001
US
I got a real problem.

I've been asked to fix a problem on a web site that someone else built. The deal is, according to the support folks at the host provider. The site will not render even the first index.asp file because the site has put itself into the application pool by itself.

What's the application pool and how can I find what script is doing this.

I know little about IIS and a bit more about ASP, can anyone point me in the right direction to discover what's going on here.

thanks for the help.

jef

An application pool permits you to separate the worker processes in which your web sites run.

To view the application pool that your web site uses, open IIS, right-click your web site and select properties, then click the tab Home Directory. At the bottom, you will see a pick list Application Pool.

To view all your application pools, still in IIS, there should be a folder icon above Web Sites titled Application Pools.

Now, if you have applications using different .net framework versions running under this one application pool, this could explain why none of your files can be displayed. What is the error message that you are getting?

it's an asp site, and I don't have access to the web server to view anything in ISS.

no error, just plugs away trying to load the index.asp page.

oh! this code is in classic asp not .net

any idea

jef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back