Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP and Microsoft Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbierich22

Programmer
Sep 25, 2001
US
I am currently developing a website using ASP. I want to store user information (user id, password, etc.) in a database to accomplish the logon functionality as well as keeping track of user roles and a very small amount of other information not pertaining to users.

I cannot use SQL Server. I only have Microsoft Access at my disposal. I have not been able to find any examples using Access as the database rather than SQL Server. I am a beginner when it comes to ASP and I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Any examples or information about where to find an example or even how to start would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look at this post :

thread215-162881 Regards

Big Dave

davidbyng@hotmail.com

** If I am wrong I am sorry, but i'm only trying to help!! **

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I didn't find that thread Dave pointed me to because it wasn't in the ASP forum.

Dave, I do have a question. I set up your example but when I run it and click the submit button, I get the generic 404 page not found error. Is there something wrong with the database connection? I have the database saved in the same directory as the page. Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks again.

I have a database. reading n displaying info from it is no problem. I have managed to do that without any glitches. I am now trying to put an add function in it. if any1 accesses my page, they can add a message if they want to. But I can't figure out how to write the ASP side to writing to a database. Can u help me out plz

rsDatabase("your_field")= "what you want" or Request.Form("your_txtbox")

rsDatabase.Update

That's it....

Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back