Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASM8+ Ports in Telephony Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonebits

Technical User
Feb 8, 2012
US
Hey all,

Having a bit of an issue with a BCM 450 R6. I have one expansion cabinet configured with the system, which will hold 2x ASM8+ media modules as well as 1x GATM8 module. I configured all of this stuff in Element Manager (with the expansion cabinet disconnected) and set the DIP switches on the modules accordingly. Upon powering up the modules and watching them enable, a curious thing happens. The modules are assigned as location Expansion 1.1 and 1.2, and show the correct low and high DN ranges for each. However under the column for active number of units they show 16 instead of 8. When each ASM is clicked to view the port information on the lower part of the screen, it shows the range of both ASM modules, 5001 to 5016. When tested with a buttset all ports are correct in a physical sense. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior, as I couldn't find it in the documentation anywhere. Any ideas?

Thanks

I think they are put as 1 bus 1-16. Because you could put 32 on one bus. Just like the DSMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back