Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asking for Office CD after running an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebach

MIS
Nov 27, 2002
US
We prepared a windows 2000 professional box with Office 2000 loaded on it. We sysprepped the machine so we could use it as a ghost image. Now when we use th ghost image on other machines, the first time you open an office component a Windows Installer window opens stating, "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not avaiable. Insert the Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional Disk and click OK."

After I insert the CD that one time, it is fine for future use.

Am I missing something in my preparation of the ghost image relating to Office ? How can I fix it, so I don't need the office CD on the first usage?

Did you open up each app of MS office on the origanal pc that you ghosted? Alot of times it will start a registration type of startup the first time you open it.. that has to write to a file somehow, so maybe that was it! "tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool..
then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

"I should of been a doctor.." Me

Check that when you installed Office that you used the option to install everything onto your hard drive. That will ensure that the package will look to your hard drive for additional information required.

Okay, on original I did open the Office applications as well as "Install All to hard drive".

I'm going to recreate the image at this point, start from scratch and see how it goes.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back