Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asking for a parameter I previously deleted 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlove161

Technical User
Feb 5, 2004
US
When I run my report it is asking "Enter Parameter Value" for Text101. The problem is I deleted Text101. Text101 is not referred to in any other textbox or code in the report. How can I make it stop asking for Text101 values?

Thanks

When this happens to me, I usually find that I had a sort on the field and didn't remove it. Perhaps check there first.

-Gary

Gary-

I did not have a sort on that field.

You might want to check any underlying queries as well.

K.

Sorting And grouping items / elements | calculated values

MichaelRed

It is probably there somewhere. If you can't find it thru your search, try using the saveastext (hidden) method of the application object to create a searchable text file:

[tt]application.saveastext acreport, "rptName","c:\rpt.txt"[/tt]

Then use your favourite text search program (notepad?) and search for occurences of "text101"

Roy-Vidar

Excellent suggestion Roy-Vidar. I haven't tried this but trust your opinion that it works and deserves a star.

Duane
MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green]
[red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]
[blue]Ask me about my grandson, get a grand answer.[/blue]

I'm honored, dhookom, thank you!

Let's hope it also helpes with tlove161's challenge.

Regards, Roy-Vidar

Ror-Vidar... Thanks I was having this problem with a real simple report a few weeks back and gave up and recreated it... (5 controls) no big deal... but in the future it will matter!

--Todd

TechnicalUser pretending to be a programmer(shhh… the boss doesn’t know yet)

Creating a searchable text file worked! I found it in the report footer. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back