Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASE11.9 and Win7 32 bit??? - ASE15 and PB7???

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerbuilde

Programmer
Oct 2, 2010
EG
-is powerbuilder 7 can connect to DB ASE 15 - in DB profile the release available is 10.5,11 and 11.5 so when I try to connect database of type sybase 15 - it fails -
note i can connect to this DB using PB 11.5 ???
Also can I install ASE 11.9 on win7 32 bit

If no wrong, I thing with pb 11.5 I think there should be no problem since the database profile manager shows ASE Sybase ASE 15.x:

ScreenShot006.jpg

regards,
Miguel L.

yes using pb 11.5 i can connect to database of type ase15
but i try to connect this db using pb7? is this possible?

also how can i install ase 11.9 if O/S is WIN7 32bit?
i can install ase15 developper edition - but limit to 25 user is not suitable for me
thanks

yes using pb 11.5 i can connect to database of type ase15
but i try to connect this db using pb7? is this possible?

- I think this will be more difficult but just try to connect as if your ase15 would be a 11.5.
For example, in the past, I've connected to Oracle 10 databases using powerbuilder's native drivers for version 8 if I remember well. The only drawback would be that you can't use 'new syntax/features' of version 15 from powerbuilder.

also how can i install ase 11.9 if O/S is WIN7 32bit?
i can install ase15 developper edition - but limit to 25 user is not suitable for me
thanks

- sorry but I'm not very well informed about which versions of Sybase can be installed on win7 32bit, but ...

Did you try the next:
create a shortcut to your instalation/setup file of ase 11.9 on your desktop, then with rightmousebutton 'properties' and see the 'compatability' tab: choose windows server 2003, maybe it'll work ?

Even if installation fineshes correctly I have serious doubts it'll work all well afterwards :(

regards,
Miguel L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back