Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASDM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedud

Technical User
Sep 29, 2004
US
When I use IE 7 and get to my ASA5500 and run ASDM this error come up:
ASDM cannot be loaded Click OK to exit
Unconnected sockets not implemented
any one had this problem and know of a fix. can telnet to the unit. Not all PC do this but is happening on two.
THANKS for any help

I had the same problem with this. After contacting Cisco support, it has to do with the JRE version you are running.

JRE has to be version 6 update 7. If it is a newer update, you will run into that problem every time.

Hope this helps.

hanks for the information , I also found out the same thing, I was at update 12 and had to go make to update 7. Thanks again

I have version 6, update 12. How do i downgrade to update 7? Uninstall version 6 and reinstall with update 7?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim> that would probably be the most direct way.

Depending on what version you initially installed of the JRE, you may have the option to uninstall newer updates (say you initially installed update 7 and then updated to 12, you should be able to uninstall update 12).

Thanks!

I downloaded version 6, update 7. Installing it automatically uninstalled version 12.

Still have a problem though. When try running ASDM, I get this error:

'Unconnected sockets not implemented'.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim> Make sure that you have uninstalled update 12, and rebooted. Then do a fresh install of update 7. And then reinstall the ASDM on the PC you are having problems with. I don't think the installer did a proper removal of update 12, and that is what is causing you to have the same error as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back