Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ascii table in printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanneke

Technical User
Feb 28, 2004
NL
Is it possible that the old ascii table as used before can be used in printers that goes via a network. I have an Ricoh Aficio 1013 and the following symbols ar not availble anymore. Like this one ? or ? or ? and so on. Is it possbile to have them back in this situation. Im using Clipper 5.2e

With regards,

J.G. Stoop
Netherlands

Stanneke

I can't tell from your post what you are wanting to print.
Are you talking about the extended ASCII set? Do you know whick ASCII number you are wanting to print?

for example @1,1 SAY ASC(144)

Jim Rumbaugh

Stanneke,

Does the printer you are using have different fonts available. I print to older HP IV's and if the printers aren't set to the proper font or character set it can print an ASC value differently than it might otherwise. My printers are all PCL 5 compatible and as long as they are setup properly for my app they print out the graphic characters properly, if not, they don't. I can reconfigure the printer to grab the appropriate character set and it's all set.

Thanks,

Jim C.

Thanks for your answers. The printer is NOT PCL5 comp.
The following characters are not proper anymore ? + ? + ? + ? + ? + ? + ?

this is for example.

If i print this it goes on paper as ë or other symbols.

With regards.

JG. Stoop

? = must be ALT+179 or ALT+194 + ALT195 + ALT196 + 197 + 198+ 199 and so on. It stand for the box making codes.

With regards,

JG Stoop

Look in the manual to find the setup codes needed to make the printer ProPrinter or IBM compatible. Sometimes it is a dip switch setting.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back