Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASBCE to RedSky e911 configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfickes

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2014
US
I know RedSky is an Avaya devconnect partner, but I haven't been able to find documentation or sigma script that will modify the invite "To" line with <sip:911@XX.XXX.8.113:5060>.Can anyone point me in the right direction or provided documentation on how to make the changes in ASBCE

It's a pretty basic sigma script. Why exactly do you need to change the number being sent to the carrier to be 911? Like, I dial 555-555-1010 and your sigma script just decided replacing that with 911 was a good idea?

RedSky requires I send <sip:911@XX.XXX.8.113:5060> in the "To" header of the SIP invite.

Boy does this sound familiar. Went through the same contortions with RedSky myself a couple of years ago. The best practice from Avaya is to send the emergency call to the CM and have it control what gets placed in the header, NOT to use a sigma script to alter a SIP header.

There are a couple of reason's for this.

The CM is designed to not only route the call using digit manipulation as needed to get the proper To: header, it also is designed to insert a proper ELIN in the From: header based on the IP subnet the calling device is located in. This gives you greater control over actual location calling hitting the correct PSAP. If you try to accomplish this via a sigma script you can control the To: header easily enough but maintenance of the RedSky DB becomes onerous, and if calls don't hit the RedSky service and instead get routed via your normal SIP provider they have to follow PPU designations and keeping those updated for a mobile workforce can be very difficult.

The CM is designed to maintain a virtual relation for a set time duration between the outpulsed ELIN in the From: header to the device used to make the emergency call. If the caller hangs up for whatever reason the PSAP can call the ELIN number back and the CM will ring the proper device during that time duration, and wherever else you chose to route that ELIN if out of the timer duration. Say you set the duration timer for 2 minutes from a emergency call, then any call back to the presented ELIN will be routed to the calling device for those 2 minutes, but after that you could have the ELIN ring a security desk or a coverage group so if the caller can't answer a call back at least after some time someone else in the office can be notified their is an emergency. If you use your sigma script no such relationship can be established and only the outpulsed From: header number is presented for call backs.

There are even a couple of other reasons to route emergency calls through the CM but those 2 are pretty major.

Can you provide me your setup steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back