Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASBCE Factory Default

sheldoom

Vendor
Dec 12, 2006
US
We shipped an Avaya SBC Dell 3240 Compact to a customer over a year ago as they ordered it, but as it turned out they didn't need it, so now they are planning to use to deploy some SIP trunks, so I had them ship it back. I have it on my desk, and it looks like it had some configuration on it as it shows a hostname and someone may have gone through the initial setup and created new passwords, but I want to default it so I can initialize it and start over with the customer's new configuration.

I tried pressing 'e' at start up, but when prompted for a login, nothing works.

I tried root/@V@Y@_123 root/Avaya_123 and these don't work. What can I try now? Can I boot it from a thumb drive in a way that will default it?

I does not boot up completely, it's stuck on messages like WireServer endpoint is not found. Rerun DHCP handler

Thank you,

You can do a fresh installation. Load the image to a USB drive and boot from it and let the installation run. Afterwards it’s a factory default installation.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back