Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA Product back ordered for months need 100 user VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndinc

ISP
Jun 29, 2005
US
Any suggestion on alternative products? I have a 2801 and 2611 on hand.

VPN using Cisco client software. Do I need a Radius Server?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

You should be good with those. Just get the right ios version.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Have you heard any reasons for the back order? I have one ASA5510 ordered since first week of March and it's still backordered. My supplier Ingram Micro says they still haven't been able to deliver any ASA products for orders dating back to January! I can't even reach my direct small biz rep as her email account doesn't seem valid anymore! I heard there was long delays for Aironet products too. Don't know what's happening with Cisco.

Asa back ordered till mid Q2, three major vendors.

Anyone with an Asa 5510 that you want to dump Ill buy.

If not I'm going to build it on a 2801.

Thanks guys...

Thanks for your help

The ASAs are backordered because Cisco's chip supplier in china is out of business or something along those lines. They had to transition it to another company and have to get production up to a level to fill old and new orders.

Thanks for the extra information

Thanks for your help

I learnt a surprising thing. My VARs are getting the products quicker than the distis. I also placed an order with a VAR and will see who can get it first.

The main reason i Have heard is that asa 8.3 is out, most asa's will require a MEM upgrade. Thus they put a hold on new asa's until 8.3 was released to include the mem upgrade by default on new asa's. For some reason though they cant seem to get any asa's out even though it's been released.

CCNP

I also heard the chip rumour. We've had some on order since Mid Feb and are still awaiting delivery of them.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rob

My ASA's ETA is getting pushed back every few days. So far, it's indicating April 28th! This king of product availability (or lack of) is killing Cisco.

ndic,
I have as ASA5510 with the AIP-10 module I'm looking to offload. You interested?

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

What kind of price are you thinking?

Would you let it go without the AIP-10 as I don’t think they need Intrusion detection?

Is it in good shape?

we can talk off post, cheiner@networkdesignsinc.com

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back