Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

listhist

MIS
Feb 26, 2004
CA
I have a administrator with a strange problem. He says he didn't set this up but for some reason ASA is asking for a password when opened, we do not know what the password is so we have tried uninstalling ASA and reinstalling but it still asks for the password.

Has anyone experienced this?

well, you can set password for ASA on Tools - options and on General tab application security. I have release R 1.11 and I had it set up but I remove this setings without any problem. I just checked 'No application security'.
Maybe he set this security and left password fields blank.
Try with this.

I can't even open the app. as soon as I cancel the password ASA closes.

As koglass said when you uninstall ASA try to clean registry on PC and install ASA again. it's last what comming to my mind.

When you remove ASA from the computer you will have to manually delete the directory as uninstall does not clear everything.

c:\program files\avaya\site administration

goto the following key and set to 0 (zero)

HKLM\software\avaya site admin\system\SecurityType

goto start then run and type regedit

then brose to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\avaya site admin\system\SecurityType

please note the avaya site admin part may differ depending on what version you have installed

Or if you copy the below text into notepad and save it as anyname.reg note no .txt extension and then run it then it should also work

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Avaya\Avaya Site Administration\system]
"SecurityType"=dword:00000000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back