Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA Not Respoding to Pings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cisco222

Vendor
Jul 9, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

Hope you can point me in the right direction on this.

I'm on a network of 10.0.0.254 ( this is a cisco asa with IPSEC VPN ) and i'm trying to ping the local interface of the end point cisco ASA which is on 10.200.0.254. A server in the same subnet 10.200.0.24 can ping 10.20.0.254 OK. However when i try and ping oven the VPN it says request timed out. The VPN Tunnels are up and i can ping server behind the firewall like 10.200.0.24.

Where is the best place to start looking? would it be my access list or NAT Rules. Any kind of help of this would be great. hope it all makes sense.

Thanks

Try adding:
management-access inside
(assuming your 10.200.0.254 interface is named 'inside')

The ASA is not normally ping-able or manageable on the inside interface over a VPN tunnel without a management-access statement.

thanks for the update.do i need to assign an IP to my management Interface currently i have the below. Please advise

interface GigabitEthernet0/0
nameif inside
security-level 100
ip address 10.200.0.254 255.255.255.0

interface Management0/0
nameif management
security-level 100
no ip address
management-only

You do not need to configure the Management0/0 interface in order to use the 'management-access inside' command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back